Sunday 3 July 2011

Simple Banana bread

I love baking banana breads because they are simple and quick to bake.  I always use this recipe from allrecipes.com


Ingredients

2 cupts of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overriped bananas


I used 1 cup of white sugar instead of brown because I didn't have any brown sugar.

look at how black my banana is..
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a loaf pan. 



this is the pan that I used

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. 
 I am always shocked when I bake at how much butter goes into these...(or any other breads, cookies)

if you eat the whole banana bread, you are eating that chunk of butter as well..yikes!



 My butter and sugar mixture
Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. 
 This was what it looked like when I mixed everything together
pour it into the pan

Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes
Insert a toothpick into the centre of the loaf.  The toothpick should come out clean

Let it cool down for 10 minutes in the pan and then take it out


Tada! 



moist, super flavourful banana bread :)


It's really easy to make, and I make it whenever I have overriped bananas.







0 comments:

Post a Comment