Sunday 17 July 2011

Mink Chocolates

 I went back home to White Rock this weekend and decided to drop by Mink Chocolates.  There are two locations, one in South Surrey and the other one is near Waterfront station.  If you are interested, check out their website http://www.minkchocolates.com/ !!

I wanted to go to Mink Chocolates because I was fascinated by their Smore Fondue set!  Even though you're not out in the woods camping, you can still enjoy smores at Mink Chocolates. (Dip melted marshmallows in the chocolate fondue and sandwich it between the graham crackers om nom nom)


I didn't order the Smore set yesterday just because the portion looked too big for myself and I do get sick of smores after eating about two of them.  I find them too sweet!



Mink Chocolates specialize in ganache filled chocolate bars, which are a more portable form of bonbon.



The bonbons created by Mink Chocolates are designed so that you can tell the flavours by looking at the design on the top.  

Here are some samples. 


I am not quite sure what the camp fire one would taste like... and I am not sure if I want to try the Rose one...(rose flavour chocolate? eek)  On the website it mentions that some designs don't correlate to the flavours.  




My friend and I sat down and decided to order waffle and ice cream.
I ordered the Belgian Monkey which was about $5.



The presentation isn't that great but I really LOVED the tray and wanted to take it home with me :(.



Belgian monkey with bananas, whipped cream and milk chocolate (you can choose milk or dark chocolate)



 I have been craving for waffles for awhile and Belgian monkey tasted great and satisfied my cravings.  The waffle was sweet but not overly sweet and bananas and chocolate is always a great combination.


My friend ordered icecream with milk chocolate


This ice cream was quite amazing.  It tasted very rich and delicious with milk chocolate.  I think this was about $5 as well. I am going to try the smore fondue set next time... I better bring someone with me to share the smores... so I can actually finish them XD



I went to dinner at Kami Japanese restaurant afterwards in South Surrey. I will post that as soon as I get the time!


Cheers
 

Mink Chocolates (South Surrey) on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment