Monday 30 April 2012

Mini haul- Laura Mercier hand cream, J.crew, Zara


I went out shopping with Oliva and Ben last weekend!  I haven't shopped in ages because I stayed in my tiny room for final exams for about 3 weeks and also I didn't have money to do so.  My last exam started at 7pm on the last day  (Hooray!) and I realized that I had a fever when I was writing my exam.  Oh boy. What a great way to start the summer.  Thankfully, my cold got better and I was able to go out to roam around.  

My first stop was Holt.  Last weekend they had a special event where 15% of what you spend on cosmetics and 25% on clothes will go towards a gift card.  Quite a neat deal!  I went to holt with the sole purpose to purchase Laura Mercier's Crème de Pistache Hand Crème.  

 
Crème de Pistache Hand Crème and J.crew bangles in the background


When I first smelled it, I absolutely hated it.  I was like "UGH what is this super strong and creamy scent!!!" it  definitely was not the type of smell that I liked.  After about a year, I was at Holt with Olivia and I decided to smell it again. Strangely, it wasn't as bad as last year and after about an hour of putting the hand cream on, I couldn't get the smell out of my head.  A week later I still thinking about the smell which meant that I had to get it... (just so I can smell it again of course).  Crème de Pistache Hand Crème has grape and olive oil so
your hand stays moisturized for a long time and the smell lasts as well but it's quite strong so if you don't like strong scents, this hand cream might not be for you.  The fragrance is described as creamy  pistachio nuts, almond, praline and hazelnut nuances with freshly whipped cream. I guess my likings in certain scents has changed over the years and I am definitely more fond of variety of perfumes and scented lotions compared to before.   4 years ago, the only perfume I could stand was Chloé Eau de Parfum which has a floral, rose, woody scent to it.  It's described as "Top notes of pink peony, freesia, and lychee embody subtle freshness. At the heart, midnotes of magnolia flower, lily of the valley, and rose rise to sublimated femininity. A base of velvety elegance comes to fruition through cedarwood, amber, and honey."

I personally think it's the freesia and cedarwood that suits my taste.  For instance on the same day, I found Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia cologne.  I gasped a little looking at the price.. 

After Holt, we were deciding on whether to wander around or go straight to J. crew and we decided on the latter because we've been all anticipating J.crew opening in Vancouver.  I've been eying on a lot of clothes on the J.crew website since last year and wondered when they were going to bring the store over to Vancouver.  Before even entering the store, I expected the price to be a lot higher than US and I was right.   Due to this reason I will probably rarely buy from J.crew Vancouver and mostly purchase on the website but it's good to have a store near so I can try on the things I want to get.  At the J.crew store, I ended up purchasing 2 bangles: one gold and one pink with gold lining.  The bangles are too big for my wrist so when I wore them yesterday it fell out a couple of times..:( but they are gorgeous so I am going to figure out a way to wear them. (more arm candy perhaps?)


I also purchased two scarves from Zara.  One is Neon pink and I don't think this picture is doing it justice to how bright the scarf is.  You would be able to see me a mile away.  The other one is leopard print which is one of my favourite patterns. I used to have a leopard print scarf but I can't find it anywhere and there were two left in Zara so I decided to get it.


I can't believe how big neon and bright colours are this spring/summer!!! When I went into Zara and J.crew I was bombarded with coloured jeans, shorts, skirts.  I also wanted a minty coloured accordion like skirt at Zara but I had to resist.  I will do more shopping when I go down to Portland next month.

What I wore yesterday. 

I am going to end the post here with a clip from Coldplay's concert in Vancouver.  The audiences were given bracelets before entering the stadium and when the music started.....

MAGIC happened!

Watch the video to find out! Super duper innovative I'd say.






Thanks for reading


Rei

0 comments:

Post a Comment