Wednesday 24 August 2011

Chocolate Madness

I decided to go to the Vancouver Sutton Place Hotel's Chocolate Buffet with my friends this weekend.  I've always wanted to go to this place because I do have a sweet tooth and I love desserts even though I don't eat it often.

The first thing I saw when I walked into the buffet was the Chocolate fountain!  I was so exicted when I saw the fountain I forgot to take a picture of it... (Does that eve make sense?)



Chocolate peacan pie and croquembouche!! I've never seen a croquembouche in person!!! I've only seen them on Masterchef Australia... (yay for being a food tvshow nerd!) so I was pretty excited.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to try the chocolate peacan pie because I was so full after 3 plates but I did have two cream puffs and I LOVED LOVED it! 
It was coated with caramel and it had threads of caramel around it so it was crispy on the outside.  When I bit into it, it had this soft chocolate cream inside... om nom nom


Chocolate cupcakes

I didn't get to try this one.

Chocolate Cheesecake...

I didn't get to try this one either.. I am slowly becoming really depressed as I write this post because I didn't realize that I didn't get to try quite a few.. and I love cheesecake :(!!!


AHH
this is going to haunt me in my dreams..



More Chocolate...


Bread pudding

I love bread pudding and this one didn't disappoint me.

mmm soft and warm bread pudding!!! It had milk and white chocolate chunks on top so it did get very sweet when I was almost done eating but I didn't mind.



Chocolate Almond Macarons

I tried the macarons at Ganache and I didn't understand its beauty but these Chocolate Almond Macarons were great!!I loved the crispiness of the outside and its soft and chewy middle.  I think I might have filled myself up with these babies


My first dish

The one in a jar is cassis and mousse.  A lot of my friends liked this one because it wasn't very sweet.  The one in the bowl was milk chocolate mousse and I was surprised by how sweet it was... I didn't even finish it even though it was tiny
The cake behind the jar is a raspberry chocolate cake.  It was okay but not great.  Some of my friends really loved the chocolate mocha(?) cake which I didn't get to try.



the chocolate cream inside the choux


This was my second plate

Crepe with whipped cream, sabayon, chocolate drizzles, raspberry sorbet and straberries

The chef makes the crepe right in front of your eyes and then you get to add the toppings yourself.  I love sorbets and this sorbet was packed with raspberry flavour but it was a bit too sweet for my taste.



my dirty plate..


When we ate about 2-3 plates, we were full.  I was badly craving for something spicy after the first plate.  I guess eating desserts constantly for about 2 hours isn't the greatest idea.

Overall, we had a good time and the service was excellent.  The waiter took away our plates whenever we were finished and filled up our water glasses almost instantly. 

I would love to come back again if it wasn't so pricy... I paid $34 in total.. If you are not much of a dessert person, I don't think it will be worth your money.  If you want to try it out just for the experience, you should definitely do it. 

The Sutton Hotel Chocolate Buffet is only open Thursday-Saturday and seatings open up at 6:00 or 8:30.  I think it's a good idea to make a reservation before you go.

Check out their website



0 comments:

Post a Comment