Friday 5 August 2011

Anton's pasta bar

Anton's Pasta bar is located at 4260 East Hastings St., Burnaby. You can find the place while driving because the line up outside is usually really really long.  I went with my boyfriend and I think there were about 20 people ahead of us.  Fortunately, the people in the front were in big groups and a table for two opened up and we got in the restaurant after 5 minutes of waiting.  As we were exiting the restaurant after our meal we saw the people who were in front of us still waiting in line.. (Today's lesson: never come in big groups to Anton's :P)








We got bread while we were waiting for our pasta


The bread was okay.  What I loved about this was whipped butter.  I LOVE whipped butter with bread. OM NOM NOM



Our favourite at Anton's is the seafood pescatore with penne.  I think this pasta usually comes with linguine but my boyfriend and I both prefer penne.
  This pasta is full of fresh seafood flavours(scallop, mussel, squid) and it also has mushrooms.


OM NOM NOM

When I first came to Anton's, I didn't think the pastas were particarly special.  The reason behind that was because I had to sit in the restaurant, smelling pasta for 30 minutes or so while waiting for my food.. When my dish finally came out I couldn't really taste anything.

BUT
When I ate the leftovers the next day, I thought it was amazingly good!!! So I look forward to taking the leftovers home (Very odd.. I know)but almost everyone will have leftovers  because the portions are BIG at Anton's.

If you do manage to finish their pasta, they will give you a free pen! WOOT!




I was being adventurous and ordered stuffed seafood Conchiglie which is large pasta shells filled with seafood & served with a tomato, cream or creamy tomato sauce ) $16.50

As you can see, I got it with the creamy tomato sauce

When I got this dish I was surprised.. I didn't know that they were pasta shells.. XD...When I googled this dish, it looked like this...


... which looks quite different from the ones that I got..Mine just looked like huge dumplings in pasta sauce and it was really tough and hard to cut and also to chew.  I did like the filling though at first but I got sick of it later on.  I personally do not recommend this dish!!




I might just stick with the pastas next time.. because being adventurous wasn't a success at Anton's 


We'll see


Anton's Pasta Bar on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment