Monday 7 January 2013

A lovely Christmas + New year with friends

 handmade cards by Alyssa

I absolutely love potlucks because it brings people together and you get to try different variety of food.  What can be better than great food and friends?  This year, my friends Ben and Olivia (a lovely couple) decided to have a potluck at their place.  We had sushi, pasta fruit and meat skewers, ratatouille, donuts, apple dumplings, fried chicken.. and a lot of booze. haha Overall, it was a great night. 







 ratatouille- Ben's master piece

Some art right here

yummy!

 Donuts from Cartem's

I didn't know how expensive these were until I got some for myself.  $27 for a dozen.

My apple dumplings

Super easy and quick to make.  You can find the recipe here.  The recipe uses mountain dew but I always use sprite instead.  It just happened because I couldn't find mountain dew in the stores but I think using sprite works perfectly fine.  These apple dumplings go amazing well with vanilla ice cream.

I am a huge dork and I do keep up with the one piece series so... I thought this was quite awesome.  I want to make something like this out of lego someday


 We also did secret santa and Ben got this as his present.. You are probably wondering what the hell we're on.  It's a teeter totter toy. 

HAHAH best present ever I'd say.  

I love this photo of us.  We look so happy and innocent like kids :).. and since we're somewhat on the topic of friends I am going to add a quote I found during the holidays on friendship below.

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”  -William Shakespeare


I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I didn't end up taking any photos for a New Year's eve party but I had a great time.  I got sick and lost my wallet but I am sure things will just get better from here.  I moved out of my university residence and now I am living at home.  I am off to Montreal in about 2 weeks and I am slightly getting nervous and excited at the same time.  I don't have any friends in Montreal and I will be staying there for 3 months.  Whenever I tell people I am moving to Montreal, the first thing they tell me about the cold weather.... I hope I can survive. 

As for new year's resolution.  I actually haven't thought of any yet.  I don't think I followed my last year's resolutions...but I feel obligated to come up with one every year.  So.. here I go..

1. try to commit to my new years resolutions
2. be optimistic and smile  lots!
3. Give and be compassionate
4. blog more often...... (I wrote this last year too and it didn't go so well)
5. exercise
6. find something you really enjoy doing and keep at it
7. treasure your loved ones and let them know you appreciate them (family and friends)
8. TRAVEL (I want to go to New York and Thailand this year)
9. Be myself
10. read more
11. move out
12. get to know myself better

I can't think of anything else so I am going to stop here.  2012 was a bittersweet year for me but in the end, it was full of great experiences. I found new friendships and opportunities as well.  I am very excited for this year and I hope your 2013 is full of happiness, luck and love. 



XO Rei


0 comments:

Post a Comment