Monday 18 January 2016

Jethro's Fine Grub (Fraser): Cake for breakfast

I've only been to Jethros on Dunbar so this was my first time visiting the one on Fraser. I was surprised to see that there was no lineup and we got seats right away. The menu was exactly the same but I was surprised when I walked in because this location wasn't as nice as the one on Dunbar. It felt a little dingy, like an old diner that badly needed a renovation.. 

The menu and everything else was the same.  

We decided to come to Jethro's because of their pancakes. Zach was craving pancakes and I've never tried their massive pancakes before. I've been to Jethro's plenty of times during undergrad but I've always been scared to order the pancakes due to its size. When I saw people getting takeouts in a pizza box, I was like.. "Oh hell no". I didn't want to eat a whole cake for breakfast.





Zach ordered the Gold Rush ($13) and I got the Crab Cake Benedict ($13). 

 I remember the Crab cake Benedict being delicious in my undergrad but this time around, I felt that it was extremely generic. You get a choice between white, rye and brown bread for your toast, some potatoes, crab cake and eggs. Boom. That's it.  After eating half of the potatoes, I felt 10 lbs heavier. I guess that's what you get from an American style diner.

The Gold Rush had banana, caramel, pecan and strussel. This was basically a CAKE. As Zach described it, it's more cake than pan. We tackled the beast together and only managed to finish 1/3 of it.



We ended up having a lot of left overs the next morning. We still couldn't finish our pancakes so I ended up taking the last little bit to work. 3 breakfasts from one order? If you're on a tight budget, definitely check out Jethro's. If you're not on a budget and you are watching your waistline, I would pick an alternate option.




Jethro's Fine Grub Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



rei

0 comments:

Post a Comment